CHRISTMAS TREE FACTS
- For every real Christmas tree harvested, 2 to 3 seedlings are planted in its place.
- There are about 1 million acres in Christmas trees production. Each acre provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.
- There are approximately 5,000 choose and cut farms in the U.S.
- It can take as many as 15 years to grow a tree of average retail sale height (6 feet), but the average growing time is 7 years.
- The top Christmas tree producing states are; Oregon, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, California, and North Carolina.
- The top selling Christmas trees are: Balsam fir, Douglas fir, Fraser fir, Scotch pine, White Pine, and Virginia Pine